Ticketing Terms and conditions
The website at www.ticketplanet.ng (our website) is owned and operated by TICKETPLANET Nigeria Limited These terms and conditions apply to tickets for performances and events and references in these terms to 'performances' will also include events, movies and flights.
Ticketplanet Nigeria is a ticketing sale platform of entertainment events, movies and flights (“Event”, “Events”). Tickets (“Tickets”) for Events,
movies and flights are sold by Ticketplanet to purchasers through our website (www.Ticketplanet.ng ) or app.
by purchasing and/or holding and/or being in possession of a Ticket or Tickets, the holder of the Ticket (“Ticket holder”, “you”, “your”)
agrees to and is bound by these terms and conditions (“Ticketing Terms”).
The provisions of these Ticketing Terms are for the benefit of Ticket holder and/or Ticketplanet and may be accepted by the Venue at any time.
If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ prior authorization, permission and consent to attend an Event. All clauses in the Ticketing Terms indicated in BOLD are provisions which limit the risk or liability of Ticketplanet and constitute an assumption of risk or liability by you, impose an obligation on you to indemnify Ticketplanet Nigeria or is an acknowledgement of a fact by you, and are therefore drawn to your attention. You should pay particular attention to such clauses and consider them carefully.
The Ticketing Terms
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- 1. Each Ticket you purchase from or through Ticketplanet is intended to give you a revocable license (or right) to entry and attendance of the particular Event, movies or flights only to which the Ticket pertains. Each Ticket holder has a right to a seat or standing place in relation to the stage, of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket holder’s Ticket. Ticketplanet and the Venue reserve the right to provide alternative seats or standing place to those specified on the Ticket.
- 2. A Ticket does not afford the Ticket holder the right to transport to the Venue, or parking, or merchandise, or any food or beverages at the Venue, unless otherwise stated. Other independent service providers might render services relating to transport, parking, merchandise, food or beverages at the Venue and in such circumstances, the terms and conditions of such service providers will apply between it and persons who make use of such products or services.
- 3. You must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to the Venue and you must produce that Ticket for inspection upon request from an Event official at any time. Failure to produce such Ticket when requested may result in you being denied access to the Venue or in you being removed from the Venue.
- 4. Tickets are not transferable and cannot be resold or offered for resale (including on-line auction sites) or used for commercial purposes including advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (such as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of Ticketplanet in advance. If this condition is breached the Ticket may be cancelled without refund or compensation and the bearer of the Ticket may be refused entry or removed from the Venue.
- 5. Any Tickets bought from unauthorized agents or third parties are not valid and admission to an Event on the strength of such Tickets will not be permitted. All Tickets remain the property of Ticketplanet at all times and constitute a personal revocable license from Ticketplanet to the Ticket holder which may be withdrawn by Ticketplanet and admission refused at any time upon refunding the printed purchase price of the Ticket.
- 6. We reserve the right to restrict the sale of Tickets to a maximum number per person, per credit/debit card and/or per household/organization and to cancel any Tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- 7. If an error is made in the price of Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
- 8. It is your responsibility to (i) ensure that your Tickets are collected by or delivered to you before the date of the Event; (ii) keep your Tickets safe prior to the Event; and (iii) check your Tickets and to ascertain the date and the time of the Event and if applicable, any rescheduled Event, movie or flight. Event dates and times are subject to change. Neither Ticketplanet is responsible or liable should you fail to obtain your Tickets timeously or for any Tickets that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- 9. You are entitled to cancel your purchase of and return your Ticket(s) at any time prior to the scheduled date of the Event to which the Ticket(s) apply by contacting the us or our customer service team (whichever is expedient) and arranging such cancellation and return, subject to the following:
- 9.1.If you cancel your purchase of and return your Ticket(s) within 7 (seven) days of purchase, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the ticket.
- 9.1.1. If you cancel your purchase of and return your Ticket(s) more than 7 (seven) days after the date on which the ticket was purchased, you will be entitled to a refund of the face value of the ticket less a reasonable cancellation charge, calculated as follows:
- 188.8.131.52. for Ticket(s) returned up to 90 days prior to the event date, a reasonable cancellation charge of 15% (fifteen percent) will apply;
- 184.108.40.206. for Ticket(s) returned up to 60 days prior to the event date, a reasonable cancellation charge of 30% (thirty percent) will apply;
- 220.127.116.11. for Ticket(s) returned up to 40 days prior to the event date, a reasonable cancellation charge of 50% (fifty percent) will apply;
- 18.104.22.168. for Ticket(s) returned less than 30 days prior to the event date, a reasonable cancellation charge of 100% (one hundred percent) will apply;
- 22.214.171.124. No refund shall be issued in respect of a cancelled purchase unless the original Ticket(s) are returned.
- 126.96.36.199. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the aforementioned cancellation charges constitute reasonable charges.
- 188.8.131.52. Notwithstanding the above, if you can provide us with proof that the person for whom, or whose benefit a Ticket was purchased will not be able to attend the Event because of his or her death or hospitalization, no cancellation fee will apply in respect of that Ticket.
- 184.108.40.206 If you cancel your purchase of and return your Ticket(s) within 7 (seven) days of purchase, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the ticket;
- 220.127.116.11 After the expiry of the aforementioned 7 (seven) day period after the date on which the Ticket(s) was purchased, you will have no right to cancel your purchase of and return your Ticket(s).
- 18.104.22.168 for Ticket(s) returned up to 60 days prior to the event date, a reasonable cancellation charge of 50% (fifty percent) will apply;
- 22.214.171.124 for Ticket(s) returned less than 60 days prior to the event date, a reasonable cancellation charge of 100% (one hundred percent) will apply;
- 9.1.3. No refund shall be issued in respect of a cancelled purchase unless the original Ticket(s) are returned.
- 9.1.4. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the aforementioned cancellation charges constitute reasonable charges as contemplated in the Consumer Protection Act, 2008.
- 9.1.5. Notwithstanding the above, if you can provide us with proof that the person for whom, or whose benefit a Ticket was purchased will not be able to attend the Event because of his or her death or hospitalisation, no cancellation fee will apply in respect of that Ticket.
- 9.1.6. Refund requests submitted after the event date has passed need to be submitted within 10 (ten) working days of such event date. All refund requests submitted after the 10 (ten) working days will not be entertained by Ticketplanet.
- 10. Your purchase of Tickets is subject to our right to cancel or reschedule an Event at any time, or to alter or vary the programme of an Event, due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Where we alter or vary the programme of an Event, we shall not be obligated to refund any Ticket monies or exchange your Tickets. Please note that if an opening act or guest artist is changed or cancelled, the event is not considered cancelled and you will not be entitled to a refund or exchange. We shall have no liability to you for refund of the purchase price of a Ticket in circumstances where an Event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- 11. If an Event is rescheduled or cancelled, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible thereof(including notifying you of the details of any rescheduled Event) by publishing the details of the rescheduled or cancelled Event, as the case may be, on the website located at the domain name https: //www.ticketplanet.ng (the “Website”) and by e-mail and short message service (“SMS”) notification to the contact details which you provide at the time of the purchase of Tickets. It is therefore important that you provide us (whichever is applicable) with your correct contact details at the time of the purchase of Tickets. If the Event is to be rescheduled, you will be offered a Ticket for the rescheduled performance of the Event (subject to availability and you having provided us with correct contact details). Should you not wish to attend such a rescheduled performance of the Event, you will be required, for purposes of safety and security planning in respect of the Event, to notify us, or alternatively our customer service centre at +0907 011 1115 or firstname.lastname@example.org , of your intention to not attend that Event. You may give such notification by way of verbal confirmation, e-mail or SMS notification, which notification must be received by the date published on the Website and by e-mail and SMS notification to the contact details which you provide at the time of the purchase of Tickets. Should you give notification as stated above or if the Event is not rescheduled, you shall be entitled to a refund of the face value of the Ticket. If the relevant Event is only partially cancelled (eg if it is a multi-day Event and only one day is cancelled), we shall give you a partial refund corresponding to the proportion of the Event cancelled. Any refund referred to herein must be claimed by you by contacting us or our customer care +234 907 011 1115 or email@example.com (whichever is applicable) to arrange the return of your unused Ticket and receive the refund.
- 12. The following restrictions will apply to your attendance at an Event and your breach of any of these may lead to you being ejected from the Venue:
- 12.1. Appropriate standards of behavior are expected of all persons attending an Event and persons deemed to be behaving in a manner that is dangerous or unacceptable in the opinion of Event organizers or its agents or contractors, will be refused admission and/or removed from the Venue with no refund on the Ticket. Activities such as ‘stage diving’, ‘moshing’, ‘climbing’ and ‘crowd surfing’ are strictly prohibited for your own safety.
- 12.2. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, we reserve the right in our reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit of a Venue, to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or to other patrons or that are in breach of the Ticketing Terms and/or to refuse admission and/or to refund the Ticket face value if we have reasonable grounds to do so.
- 12.3. Ticket holders may be ejected from the Venue if, in the reasonable opinion of Event organizers or its agents or any contractors appointed by it, or the Venue, the Ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving antisocially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Ticketing Terms or the terms and conditions of the Venue.
- 12.4. There may be instances where there are to be no pass-outs or readme
- 12.5. The following items are not permitted to be brought into a Venue:
- 12.5.1. Glass bottles or containers or other heavy and/or sharp objects, which could potentially be used as projectiles (excluding sunglasses, binoculars and prescription or reading glasses)
- 12.5.2. Any illegal drugs
- 12.5.3. Bicycles, scooters or vehicles of such nature
- 12.5.4. Knives, weapons of any nature or fireworks
- 12.5.5. Any object that could be used to distract, hinder or interfere with any performer, including laser pointers and flashlights
- 12.5.6. Flags with poles, large flags or banners that may obstruct the view of other patrons
- 12.5.7. Any whistle, horn, musical instrument, loud hailer, public address system or vuvuzela
- 12.5.8. Digital, electronic or other recording or broadcast device
- 12.5.9. Any item that you intend to distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes
- 12.5.10. No animals apart from authorised guide/assistance dogs
- 12.5.11. Any dangerous goods and any other items by management to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance
- 12.5.12. Professional cameras or video recorders
- 12.5.13. Umbrellas (unless there is an obvious threat of rain), in which case small umbrellas will be permitted but no golf or beach umbrellas
- 12.5.14. Braais or barbeques
- 12.5.15. Camping Chairs
- 12.5.16. Cooler Boxes
- 12.5.17. Food and refreshments (including soft drinks and alcohol).
- 12.6. Please note that in seated areas, other members of the audience may stand up during the Event.
- 12.7. Smoking is not permitted in the Venue.
- 12.8. The unauthorised use of photographic, video and/or sound recording equipment is prohibited.
- 12.9. Efforts will be made to admit late comers at an appropriate break in the performance of the Event. Entry will not be permitted if it will disrupt the performance.
PAYMENTS AND CHARGES.
You understand that use of the Services may result in charges to you for the services you receive ("Charges"). Ticketplanet will receive and/or enable your payment of the applicable Charges for services obtained through your use of the Services. Charges will be inclusive of applicable taxes where required by law.
Charges may include other applicable fees and/or surcharges including a booking fee.
All Charges and payments will be enabled by Ticketplanet using the preferred payment method designated in your Account, after which you will receive a receipt by email. If your primary Account payment method is determined to be expired, invalid or otherwise not able to be charged, you agree that Ticketplanet may use a secondary payment method in your Acccount, if available. Charges paid by you are final and non-refundable, unless otherwise determined by Ticketplanet.
As between you and Ticketplanet, Ticketplanet reserves the right to establish, remove and/or revise Charges for any or all services or goods obtained through the use of the Services at any time in Ticketplanet’s sole discretion. Further, you acknowledge and agree that Charges applicable in certain geographical areas may increase substantially during times of high demand. Ticketplanet will use reasonable efforts to inform you of Charges that may apply, provided that you will be responsible for Charges incurred under your Account regardless of your awareness of such Charges or the amounts thereof. You may elect to cancel your request for Services at any time prior to the commencement of such Services, in which case you may be charged a cancellation fee.